You know that our brain needs an optimal amount of special brain nutrition to maintain its performance.
And where do we find such nutrition?
By consuming brain foods, your brain will perform at its full potential because you gave it the nutrition it needs.
And here are the compilation of the best brain food books available, curated for you.
|Brain Maker||Grain Brain||Power Foods for the Brain|
|You want to know why your gut health is linked to your brain performance.||You want to avoid bad foods that could affect your brain performance.||You want to avoid getting Alzheimer’s and having a better diet.|
1. Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain–for Life by David Perlmutter and Kristin Loberg
After reading this book, I guarantee that you’ll learn why you want to include certain foods and also avoid certain substances in your diet.
It turns out that there is a relation between the bacteria in our gut and our brain, and the good news is, you can optimize your brain by altering your gut condition.
How? Obviously by choosing the right foods and substance for our daily diet, which recipes are also shared in this book.
The book itself is written in a highly practical manner, so no need to be worry of not be able to understand the knowledge being shared.
Finally, this is one of the most popular books regarding the correlation of mental and physical health, with thousands of reviews on Amazon, and I really recommend this one if you’re interested in an in-depth cover of the topic.
- Research about compounds that causes mental problems
- The connection between intestinal microbes and the brain
- How nurturing gut health can alter your brain for the better
- Case studies of real patients
- Simple dietary recommendations
- Highly-practical program
2. Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar–Your Brain’s Silent Killers by David Perlmutter and Kristin Loberg
This may be controversial, but according to the research provided by the author, carbs are bad for our brain!
The shocking thing is, not just unhealthy carbs, but even the healthy ones like whole grains can cause dementia.
Fortunately for us, the book is here providing all of the answers—complete with guidelines—written in a highly readable manner.
The author also explains how we can spur the growth of new brain cells at any age through specific diet and lifestyle habits.
If you think your diet is messing with your overall brain performance, then I think you should read this book in order to fix and optimize your diet.
- The effect of different types of carbs
- How we can take control of our “smart genes”
- Specific dietary recommendations
- Lifestyle habits to improve the brain
- How to remedy maladies without drugs
- A 4-week plan
3. The Grain Brain Cookbook: More Than 150 Life-Changing Gluten-Free Recipes to Transform Your Health by David Perlmutter
First of all, I must tell you that this is not exactly a book about how the foods we consume affect our brain.
In fact, this book is the supplementary book to the Grain Brain book by the same author (see the first book on this list) to help you cook the most healthy foods for your brain.
Packed with more than 150 life-changing gluten-free recipes, categorized into breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and also desserts, this book sure is the real deal when it comes to brain foods recipes.
And don’t worry that the foods are not good enough for your taste, because although the preparation is minimum, the foods are actually delicious.
Finally, if you have an interest in cooking your own healthy brain foods for your entire life, this book is the answer.
- The basics of meal plan based on the Grain Brain book
- Breakfast recipes
- Lunch recipes
- Dinner recipes
- Snacks recipes
- Desserts recipes
4. Power Foods for the Brain: An Effective 3-Step Plan to Protect Your Mind and Strengthen Your Memory by Neal D. Barnard, MD
Now you know that foods play a HUGE role in our brain functions, but not only that, it turns out that certain foods can reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
In this book, Neal D. Barnard has gathered up the most recent research and created a program that can improve your memory and protect your brain’s health.
Dr. Barnard will reveals which foods to increase in your daily diet and which ones to avoid, and also shows you detailed exercises and effective supplements.
Last but not least, there about 75 delicious recipes designed to fulfill your brain’s nutrition needs that are easy to cook.
In conclusion, this book surely satisfied a lot of people because it has all the things needed by people who’s interested in changing their lives.
- Up-to-date research
- Effective 3-step plan
- Foods to increase and avoid
- The dangers of dairy products
- Roles of alcohol and caffeine in Alzheimer’s
- Detailed menu plan and recipes
5. The Healthy Mind Cookbook: Big-Flavor Recipes to Enhance Brain Function, Mood, Memory, and Mental Clarity by Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson
First, I must tell you that the focus of this book is to help you cook simple and delicious foods full of nutrients needed by your brain.
Yeah, sure, the first three chapters concentrate on the scientific aspects of the relationship between food and brain and related topics.
But, the following chapters is what you really need to start cooking foods that will change your life, especially your mental health and performance.
Furthermore, the recipes include all kind of dishes, such as soups, desserts, snacks, and much more.
I must say that this book is well structured and organized, thus making it highly readable and a must have if you’re interested in cooking healthy foods.
- A collection of more than 120 brain foods recipes
- Latest research on the brain
- Benefits of the key ingredients
- Complete nutritional details
- Full-color photographs
- How to make the foods tasty
6. The Happiness Diet: A Nutritional Prescription for a Sharp Brain, Balanced Mood, and Lean, Energized Body by Tyler Graham and Drew Ramsey, MD
You know what? For the first time in the history of human kind, too much food will make you sick. Apparently, the easy life makes us weak.
And the crazy thing is, your waistline is expanding, but at the same time your brain is shrinking. Hard to believe, right?
We lack the nutrients needed for our happy and functioning brain, while also at the same overloaded with mood-destroying foods.
The Happiness Diet will empower you with simple and straightforward solutions. The author will show you how to overcome this ‘new’ disease.
If you need a practical guide that covers everything you have to do in order to reduce your waistline and enhance your brain at the same, this is the book.
- Overview of the modern American diet
- Food recommendations
- Shopping tips
- Brain foods recipes
- Practical advice
- How to remake your diet
First of all, this book will not promise you extraordinary results with effortless work, instead, this book provides you with a large amount of solid medical research regarding diet and mental health.
One thing you should realize is, not many people know that good nutrition is connected with your brain performance and mental health.
The Brain Diet explains the connection and also the importance of consuming good foods to unleash the full potential of our intelligence.
But don’t worry, although the book is full of research, the author uses simple words that most people can understand without sacrificing the information.
In conclusion, I really recommend you to buy this book if you really care about your mental health and intelligence.
- How poor nutrition is bad for intelligence
- Effect of poor nutrition on mental health and success
- The science of how our brains function
- Suggestions for a healthy diet
- Brain-health recipes
- Food supplements recommendation
8. Eat Complete: The 21 Nutrients That Fuel Brainpower, Boost Weight Loss, and Transform Your Health by Drew Ramsey, MD
Why do we need to eat foods that specifically fulfill our brain needs? It’s because our brain controls everything in our body.
In fact, your brain burns more energy than any other organ, that’s why the lack of the needed essentials will result in mental problems, lack of energy, loss of focus, and many others.
Drawing upon cutting-edge scientific research, the author identifies the 21 most important nutrients to brain health and overall well-being.
Eat Complete provides you with 100 simple, tasty, and affordable gluten-free recipes designed for optimal nourishment.
Not only that, the book also teaches us how to fix nutrient deficiencies suffered by millions of people using certain types of foods.
- A collection of simple and affordable healthy recipes
- The role of human brain in life
- Overview of the most important nutrients for our brain
- Why we need to feed our brain with essential nutrients
- How to use food to correct nutrient deficiencies
- Full-color photographs
9. New Optimum Nutrition for the Mind by Patrick Holford
Patrick Holford is the director of the Food for Brain Foundation and founder of the Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London, and he has written and co-authored more than 22 other health books.
In this book, you’ll learn a lot about unpopular facts, such as why junk food will make you ‘less’ smart, and why pregnant women lose their intelligence temporarily.
The book does not primarily talk about brain foods, instead if covers a wide range of everything needs to be done to ensure the performance of your brain.
For those of you hoping for a more in-depth book about brain foods only, I suggest you look for the other books.
But, if you’re a parent and hoping that your child will maximize their intelligence, this book could probably answer all of your questions.
- Unpopular facts about food and brain
- Overview of brain foods
- How to protect your brain from dangerous substances
- How to improve IQ, memory, and mood
- Overview of mental illness
- Solutions to depression and related problems
10. Brain Food: 10 Simple Foods That Will Increase Your Focus, Improve Your Memory and Decrease Depression by Stacey Frattinger and Sarah Koszyk
Although the number of recipes provided in this book is as much as the other books, Brain Food provides you with shopping tips and also different ways of eating a certain food.
But unlike other brain food recipes books, this one will save you some money because some of the recipes can be cooked with leftovers.
You don’t have to shop every day and buy different things each time you want to cook, you can just shop once in a few days and cook different meals with some variations.
Also, the book itself is not necessarily long, you can read this book in one sitting and get the main ideas the author trying to say.
Finally, for a cheap price compared to the other books, Brain Food is a great deal if you want to know the basic of cooking a simple and affordable brain meal.
- How food affects our mood and memory
- 10 foods that can rock your brain health and concentration level
- Scientific data and research
- 8-day meal plan
- Over 25 recipes with at least one brain food in each meal
- Photos of the recipes
Are You Ready To Cook Healthy, Simple, And Affordable Brain Foods?
I personally suggest you choose only one of the books above, because once you read it, you’ll get the main ideas of what to eat and what to avoid, and also how to cook a brain-friendly meal.
Buying more books will only add your collection of recipes, but if that’s what you want, then go ahead.
Don’t forget to leave a comment and share your opinion with the world.
Last, share this post so your friends and family so they could benefit from it too.