We already discussed the best brain foods that are easily accessible to most people.
And one of the best brain foods from that list is salmon, the fish.
Salmon is tasty and healthy, and most people agree on that.
And in this post, I will give you some of the best salmon cookbooks.
They will help you to cook your freshly bought salmon into something you like.
Moreover, I will provide you with a short description and a quick summary of what the books are all about.
Disclosure: We earn some money from affiliate links, thank you.
|Salmon, Desserts & Friends||Smoking Salmon & Steelhead||Salmon|
|You want a popular salmon cookbook with quick and easy recipes.||You want a salmon cookbook that focuses on smoking salmon.||You want a salmon cookbook written by one of the most acclaimed authors.|
|9.9 / 10||8.7 / 10||8.7 / 10|
1. Smokin’: Recipes for Smoking Ribs, Salmon, Chicken, Mozzarella, and More with Your Stovetop Smoker by Christopher Styler
Relish that great taste and deliciousness of wood-smoked food using the top of your kitchen stove with Smokin’.
The cookbook consists of everything you need to know about smoking foods at home, using a stovetop smoker.
The author serves up 36 master recipes for smoking everything from whole chickens to shrimp, plus 95 recipes for soups, salads, and sides.
With Christopher Styler’s tips, techniques, and pointers, smoking food becomes simple, fast, and the taste speaks for itself!
Smokin’ is all about possibilities that are limited only by your imagination and your love for smoky flavor!
- The book features Christopher Styler’s 95 lip-smacking recipes including Tea-Smoked Duck, Smoked Eggplant Soup, and Fettuccine with Smoky Salmon, Peas, and Leeks.
- The recipes are easy to follow with no nonsense ingredients and good old-fashioned home cooking techniques with a twist.
- There are recipes and ideas for everything from beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, to fruits and vegetables.
2. Upstream: Searching for Wild Salmon, from River to Table by Langdon Cook
Upstream is a timely and in-depth look at how our beloved fish salmon has nourished humankind through the ages.
Langdon Cook journeys up and down the salmon country, from Alaska to the rainforests of the Pacific Northwest to California.
The author tells us that salmon is more than just food, it is game fish, wildlife spectacle, and an inspiration.
The wonderful read offers an absorbing portrait of a remarkable fish and the many obstacles it faces every day.
Upstream is an essential and insightful look at the intersection of man, food, and nature!
- The cookbook takes us on a fast-paced fishing trip through the salmon country.
- Along the way, you will get to know more about the filleting techniques and the native cooking methods.
- The book is rich with scientific and historical facts woven into a tableau of real-life human characters that bring the information to vivid life.
3. Salmon: A Cookbook by Diane Morgan, John Ash, and E. J. Armstrong
A beautiful cookbook, Salmon, consists of tasty recipes and boasts the author’s love for the world’s favorite fresh fish, salmon.
Get to know the difference between wild and fired salmon, discern among its varieties, and discover the heart-healthy benefits of salmon.
The recipes are the real catch in the book as it shows the versatility of cooking salmon, whether it’s morning, noon, or night.
Discover how to pair salmon with an array of international flavors along with various techniques like poaching, smoking, baking, and grilling.
With gorgeous scenic photographs of several famed fishing areas, Salmon is sure to make a big splash in your kitchen!
- The cookbook is full of tips for storing, preparing, filleting, cutting steaks, taking out pin bones from the salmon.
- Numerous dishes are influenced by Mediterranean and Asian cuisine, while others use the sparkle of trendy ingredients to enhance the flavor.
- The author introduces many unusual cooking techniques like marinating, curing, preserving, deep-frying, blackening, wok smoking, pan roasting, slow roasting etc.
4. Salmon a cookbook by Colin Simpson
The recipes by Colin Simpson in Salmon a cookbook were created to promote a healthier heart, for a healthy you!
The delectable recipes in the cookbook are all with natural ingredients, healthy, and are easy to follow and make.
The author has gone above and beyond to provide some amazing recipes and detailed instructions quite handy in the kitchen.
Some of the dishes include salmon chowder, salmon cakes, tomato orange salmon, salmon with leek, zucchini, and carrots, salmon gyros, etc.
If you are looking for a great salmon recipe book, then look no longer as Salmon a cookbook is simply fantastic and exceptional!
- The great tasting recipes are diverse, simple, full of flavor, and encourage you to cook salmon more often.
- The author has suggested pairings for each recipe that is appropriate, easy, and wonderful in taste.
- The book is charmingly written and easy to understand even for a novice chef trying his take at salmon for the very first time.
5. Salmon, Desserts & Friends by LaDonna Gundersen
Salmon, Desserts & Friends is an incredible collection of salmon and dessert recipes from the famous Alaskan cook LaDonna Gundersen.
The cookbook is your complete and ultimate guide to understanding, selecting, and enjoying the favorite wild Pacific salmon!
The book is inspiring and will help you figure out varied and interesting techniques to prepare delicious meals with salmon.
Basically, it features delightful and unique recipes with clean ingredients that are easy to follow and practical to pull off!
With over 52 fabulous quick and easy recipes, whip up great salmon dishes in your own kitchen anytime with Salmon, Desserts & Friends!
- The 52 recipes are well-written, clear, easy to understand and bring out the best in salmon.
- Move over grilled chicken, tonight its summertime salmon bruschetta, hazelnut encrusted salmon, and baked Alaska for dessert.
- The cookbook introduces numerous tips and techniques for cooking with salmon.
6. Smoking Salmon & Steelhead by Scott Haugen
If you are tired of the same old salmon recipes, Scott Haugen has done all the experimenting for you in Smoking Salmon & Steelhead.
The cookbook is filled with 54 mouthwatering and scrumptious wet and dry brine recipes to uplift your salmon dishes.
Some of the recipes include sweet teriyaki, tropical tang, extra hot habanero, sweet and simple, Chardonnay splash, and much more.
Furthermore, the author Scott Haugen also shares great tips on different smoking woods to use and the preparation prior to smoking your fish.
Smoking Salmon & Steelhead is your ultimate go-to cookbook if you are in love with smoked salmon and everything around it!
- The book explains cooking techniques like canning smoked salmon and favorite recipes using smoked salmon.
- There is a special section on troubleshooting dedicated to answering basic questions related to smoking salmon.
- It includes pictures that correspond with the recipes to help you envision what to expect at the end of the cook.
7. Salmon: Everything You Need to Know + 45 Recipes by Diane Morgan
Salmon features 45 versatile recipes showcasing the best ways to prepare the luscious, accessible, and the third-most consumed salmon fish.
Acclaimed author Diane Morgan, with his cookbook, provides inspiration for healthy eaters and fish lovers alike.
Furthermore, the outstanding recipes include all savory meal occasions like appetizers, dinner, pizza, brunch, and more.
The book encompasses chapters like essentials, preparation primer, raw and cured, on the stove top, in the oven, on the grill, and second helpings.
With Salmon, the author has crafted a go-to reference for home cooks who want to add more creative preparations of salmon to their repertoire!
- It is an ultimate cookbook for all salmon enthusiasts.
- The book features delicious recipes along with pictures and easy-to-follow directions for healthy and quick cooking.
- The recipes are loaded and banged with flavors and will inspire you to try them all!
8. Salmon: The Ultimate Guide by Kimberly Hansan
Salmon: The Ultimate Guide is all about cooking with delicious, highly nutritious, and versatile fish salmon.
The cookbook tells us how with a few simple steps we can serve our family with different salmon entrée each night of the week.
The author, Kimberly Hansan, has collected the most delightful and best-selling salmon recipes from around the world.
Not only that, each of the recipes is such curated that it can be whipped together in minutes!
Salmon: The Ultimate Guide comes with lots of different choices, great ideas, tasty recipes, and the perfect combination of flavors!
- Each recipe includes clear prep, ready time, servings, list of ingredients, and the steps to make the dish.
- Most of the ingredients and techniques used are healthy to promote healthy and nutritious living.
- The book features 31 different types of salmon recipes for you to get started with cooking and enjoy.
9. What Am I Going To Do With All These Fish: A Kitchen Guide for Alaskan Sports Fishermen and Their Friends for Cooking Salmon and Halibut by Tom Rinderer
As the name suggests, the book is a guide for Alaskan sports fishermen and their friends who enjoy cooking and serving salmon and halibut.
It provides recipes and menu ideas that are influenced by cosmopolitan, Italian, Thai, and Cajun preparation for cooking salmon and halibut.
Moreover, the cookbook features 99 kitchen perfected recipes for converting frozen packages of salmon and halibut fillets into delicious meals.
It is an excellent resource for extending the pleasure of a successful Alaskan fishing trip throughout the year.
What Am I Going To Do With All These Fish is an ideal companion for a gift of frozen fillets!
- The book has wonderful comic illustrations by Nancy Haver featuring the book’s stars, Hal and Sam.
- The easy-to-use format of the book and the outstanding recipes makes it an excellent resource for anyone interested in cooking with salmon and halibut.
- It is a superb collection of recipes for diverse mealtimes and boosts us to think outside the box when it comes to cooking.
10. Salmon Recipes – The Ultimate Guide by Jessica Dreyher
Salmon Recipes – The Ultimate Guide applauds the deliciousness, nutritional value, versatility, and health benefits of salmon.
The cookbook provides us easy tricks and simple steps, quite useful in the kitchen, to flatter every member in the house with delicious salmon.
Furthermore, the recipes are easy-to-follow, simple to understand, and really quick to prepare!
The author, Jessica Dreyher, has put together the most amazing and chart-topping salmon recipes from all around the globe.
Salmon Recipes – The Ultimate Guide is full of mouthwatering recipes, amazing techniques, and varied flavor combinations to enhance your salmon cooking!
- The salmon recipes are not only creative but also practical to cook.
- The recipes promote the use of nutritious ingredients and healthy techniques and come with great cooking tips.
- Each of the recipe consists of various sub-sections including prep, servings, list of ingredients, ready time, and the preparation steps.
What Is Your Favorite Salmon Recipes?
Salmon sushi is my favorite because it’s simple yet tasty.
Or, do you know any other great salmon cookbooks?
Share with me in the comment section below and we might have a conversation.